Be the coolest kid in Hebrew school with a Mendelorian backpack by Maccabee Apparel! The Mendelorian is a loving homage to two of our favorite things: Good sci-fi, and the hard-working Chabad shluchim (emissaries) who travel all around the world to make Jewish life accessible to the rest of us.
Like The Mandalorian, the Mendelorian (like all observant Jews) abides by a strict code of conduct. This code, derived from the Torah as expounded on by our Sages (a long time ago in a galaxy…well, this galaxy). Collectively, these laws are known as “halacha,” which roughly translates as the path, or way. Colloquially, the Jewish way is also referred to as the “derech,” (which also means “way”), as in, one who abandons the Jewish traditional observance is said to be “off the derech.” The text on our design reads “Zo haderech,” literally, “This is the way.”
Those who watch the Mandalorian might remember Mando interacting his more liberal fellow Mandalorians, who chided him for being too orthodox in his lifestyle. Perhaps if he had the warm-hearted charm of our Mendelorian, that conversation would have gone a little differently. One thing’s for certain: If a synagogue ever opens in the Outer Rim, it will probably be a Chabad.
• Made from 100% polyester
• Fabric weight: 9.91 oz/yd² (336 g/m²)
• Dimensions: H 16.1" (41cm), W 12.2" (31cm), D 5.5" (14cm)
• Capacity: 5.3 gallons (20l)
• Max weight: 44lbs (20kg)
• Water-resistant material
• Large inside pocket with a separate pocket for a 15” laptop, a hidden pocket with zipper on the back of the bag
• Top zipper has 2 sliders, and there are zipper pullers attached to each slider
• Silky lining, piped inside hems, and a soft mesh back
• Padded ergonomic bag straps from polyester with plastic strap regulators.